Posts Tagged ssl
Before use the settings below, make sure that you uploaded and assigned appropriate SSL certificate to your app project.
Forcing GAE to use https is very easy, just need to mention the option “secure” with value “always” in “app.yaml” file (other options are “optional” for using both http & https (default behavior) and “never” for using http only), the example below in for golang app, the same approach is used for other languages.
application: your-app-here version: 1 runtime: go api_version: go1 - url: /.* script: _go_app secure: always
Help on the topic can be found here: https://cloud.google.com/appengine/docs/python/console/using-custom-domains-and-ssl
Telling long story shortly:
1. Generate key & signing request with the command
openssl req -nodes -newkey rsa:2048 -keyout myserver.key -out server.csr
2. Send “server.csr” file to your favorite certificate issuer and receive .crt files
3. Convert your private key into the format google requires:
openssl rsa -in myserver.key -out private.key.pem
4. Concatenate all .crt file into one
cat www_example_com.crt ASecureServerCA.crt ATrustCA.crt ATrustExternal.crt > public.crt
5. Upload public.crt & private.key.pem in google cloud console
6. Map your certificate with the website and enjoy.