Posts Tagged Xamarin
Sometimes you need to detect if you are using simulator (emulator) or real device, typical example can be the situation when you are running the webservices used by your application on the same computer where you are running simulator and you would like quickly check how it is working altogether.
There are separate solutions for iOS here:
And for Android here:
I just gathered them altogether and created dependency service for Xamarin.Forms application
Quick tutorial: how to create mobile app with maps using Xamarin just in 10 minutes.
- Mac computer with installed XCode and Xamarin Studio
- Subscription to any Xamarin plan starting from Indie and above
- Basic C# skills
1. Start new solution in Xamarin Studio, select Cross-platform App -> Blank Xamarin.Forms.App
2. Call the project MapDemo (or any other name you like), check both Android & iOS platforms and use Portable Class Library
I encountered multiple times the issue when the build of Xamarin app for Android simply didn’t work in release mode without any obvious reason. Finally looks like I got what should be the appropriate configuration.
So, make sure that you have “Options” for Android project as described below:
1. Build -> General
2. Build -> Android Build -> Linker -> Linker Options
3. Build -> Android Application (Minimum: 15+; Target: 21+)
Pay attention to the fact that “Target Framework” in the item 1 should be the same as “Target Android version” in the item 3, you can find the table with appropriate relations between Android name and APIs here: https://source.android.com/source/build-numbers.html